Sunday, March 6, 2011

My Love Affair With Key Lime

I made a lot of cards this weekend with Key Lime note cards from Memory Box. I made a boxed set of coordinating note cards (birthday, thank you and hello) for my mom for Mother's Day. Since inspiration struck and I had all of the supplies together I decided to get a head start now so I don't go crazy in May! I haven't photographed them yet, but once I have a pic I'll post it. After my note card set was done, I had two cards left in the package and I challenged myself to come up with two more cards so I could throw away the wrapper! Here's my first one:

I stamped the flower image from Hero Arts in white ink and embossed with white embossing powder. Then I applied four different distress inks to the background with foam applicators. I'm really happy with how this card turned out. I guess I'm skipping spring and jumping to summer based on the colors I chose for this card!

Here is my second card:
This one has a similar layout to the first card. I stopped at Michaels yesterday and found the peacock feather stamp and a package of two Smooch Spritz sprays (Citrus Tickle and Splash--love the names!). The colors of the sprays made me think of peacock feathers and I thought it would be fun to use them with the stamp. The card has a lot more sparkle in real life. I thought the sentiment from an older SU! set was a perfect accompaniment.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a good week!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

These are both so vibrant and beautiful! Great cards with great colors to make someone smile!

Karen C. said...

Your first card is just stunning. I haven't tried this technique, but now I know it's on my list. Thanks for the inspiration.

Mad for Paper said...

These are both beautiful. I am going to give these techniques a try.
TFS
Ang

Jen Adcock said...

Good Golly! These are mighty pretty. I love the stamps used. Is that peacock feather an Inkadinkadoo one? Me want! The colors in both cards are so so beautiful. They engender warmth. So inspiring!

Thank you for your lovely comment too on my blog. I am still smiling stupidly from reading. Thanks so very much!

Rebecca said...

These turned out beautiful. I must say I am very partial to key lime!