Friday, December 30, 2011

'Tis the Season to Give Thanks

Happy End of 2011! Now that Christmas has ended (although my tree is still up and will remain up until the end of next week), it's time to send out those thank you notes! The last two days I have worked on crafting some holiday thank you notes. I still have a few of these left from January, but I needed a lot more than three!

So, I made six of these cards from one 12 x 12 sheet of patterned paper:

And I made two of these (I would have had three except I cut the final third piece of patterned paper the wrong size):

And I made two of these because I had two of the shimmery snowflake die cuts left in my stash:


I don't know which one is my favorite, I like all three for different reasons. I'm trying to decide if I need to make more thank you notes. My birthday is approaching on the 1st, and these cards seem a bit too Christmas-y to me, except for the last one.

I have to give a huge Thank You to Papertrey Ink for the complimentary "Sending a Big Thank You" stamp set that was included in my December order. I have lots of thank you stamps, but I think the two included in this set have quickly become my favorites!

Thanks for stopping by! I'll be back before the 1st with my Year in Review post!


Card Details:

Snowman Thanks Card: PTI Shape Up Snowman die and stamp set, PTI New Leaf card stock, Reflections black paper, Basic Gray Alpine Yule patterned paper from Nordic Holiday line, My Minds Eye 12 Days of Christmas patterned paper, Memory Box note card in Poinsettia red, Memory Box Thanks die, Copic Marker in Cadmium Orange, Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

Pine and Berry Thanks Card: PTI Sending Big Thanks stamp set, PTI Mat Stack 5 die, Martha Stewart mat pad Snowflace patterned paper, Memory Box note card in Red Pepper, Tim Holtz limited edition Distress ink in Festive Berries, Versamark ink.

Snowflake Thanks Card: PTI Sending Big Thanks stamp set, Martha Stewart mat pad Snowflace patterned paper, Memory Box snowflake die, Memory Box note card in Robin's Egg, Paper Zone Shimmer White card stock, Tim Holtz limited edition Distress ink in Iced Spruce, Versamark ink.

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Love all three! That snowflake on the third card is gorgeous. Happy Birthday!!

Ted said...

Happy birthday, Victoria! :)

I love all these and can't wait to use my freebie from PTI as well.

You have an eye for color!

Joyce said...

These are all wonderful. I love how you have made a snowman on the first one, and how you have used the new thank you set with patterned paper.

carol (krillsister) said...

All three are beautiful. Great choice of pattern papers