As a thank you, I made her a set of Valentine note cards. I made two each of three designs. The card layouts are essentially the same, I just swapped out different doily dies cuts and switched up the focal images and outside sentiments.
Here is a picture of the boxed set. You probably recognize the box--it's a recycled PTI stamp box that I embellished with new patterned paper and a handmade label:
Here is a close up of one of the cards:
The white scallop with the heart punch-out is an embellishment I made. I saw a Martha Stewart punch in the same style at my local stamp store and passed it up. As I was at home regretting not getting the punch, I decided to scour my punch collection for an alternative and was delighted to find that I had three separate punches that when combined, could give me the identical look to the Martha punch! I punched a heart in the middle of some white paper, then took a small scalloped circle punch , centered it around the heart and punched it out. Finally, I took a teeny, tiny hole punch and punched out the middle section of each of the small scallops. I then layered my scallop punch-out over a red circle punch out, and my embellishment was complete. It took a bit of time, but it was great to use my existing supplies rather than buy yet another new tool!Here is the second card in the set:

And finally, here is the third card:
Thanks so much for stopping by! Please come visit me tomorrow when I share my PTI blog hop projects!Card Set Details:
Doily Details die collection, kraft paper, Tag-Its #11 stamp set, Mat Stack #2 die, Just For You stamp set, button twine and clear box from PTI; heart buttons from my stash; Marvy and EK Success punches; Memento Rich Cocoa ink; Versamagic Red Magic chalk ink; Amuse red note cards; red and kraft wrapping paper courtesy of Meaghan.
3 comments:
Gorgeous set of cards. That gingham with the kraft is a great combo. You were very creative in using what you had to replicate the design you wanted. I am sure your coworker is going to love this set. Love you recycled PTI box.
Beautiful card set! Love the color and pattern combination you used. Cheers for recycling the PTI clear boxes! (i recycle them too :) ) Thanks for the inspiration!
I do love the cards! I don't want to give them away because they are so pretty :)
Post a Comment