Monday, March 4, 2013

Think Spring

Happy Monday!  I'm back to share a card just because.  No challenge, no blog hop, no contest.  Just because I felt like sharing, and because I'm looking forward to the warmer temperatures and pretty colors that spring will soon bring.  With spring in mind, I made this card to try out some new craft goodies I bought recently.  You might have heard that Michaels now carries Heidi Swapp Color Shine sprays and coordinating paper and embellishment products.  I had to buy a few colors to try them out, along with some of the cardstock embellishments.  Although my photo doesn't really show the shine on the butterfly, in real life there is a lot of sheen.
I used three colors of shine spray on the butterfly:  Sweet Cherry, Georgia Peach and Primrose.  These sprays blend beautifully.  I may have to invest in a few more colors.  :-)  The other new products on this card are the Hibiscus Burst striped paper and the birthday sentiment from the Cutting Garden set, both from Papertrey Ink.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope your week is off to a good start!

1 comment:

Kathy Mc said...

Your card is beautiful. Congrats on your publication in Card Creations! I LOVE seeing names of familar names/faces on PTI's Forum. WTG, Victoria!