Tuesday, August 25, 2015

August 2015 PTI Blog Hop

Wow, it's been almost four months since I last posted.  This year is just vanishing.  I carved out some time last weekend to participate in this month's Papertrey Ink blog hop.  You can find the inspiration photo here.

Here is my card inspired by the gorgeous colors of the yarn in the photo.  I will admit that my first take on this card was an absolute flop.  I tried to incorporate multiple colors of twine onto my card and it just didn't work.  So, I salvaged the embossed leaf panel and note card along with the leaf and thankful die cuts and set out to re-do the panel with multiple inks sponged on it.  Take two turned out much better.



Thanks for stopping by!  I look forward to checking out your creation as well!

7 comments:

Birgit said...

What a sweet card! Love that embossed background!

Karen C. said...

So pretty. Your colours are definitely rich and vibrant for fall!

Carol D said...

What beautiful inking and texture! Great card.

Jacquie Southas said...

Gorgeous embossed background - adds such great texture to the card!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

Nancy Penir said...

Beautiful coppery background. Gorgeous results with the leaf too!

Marcia Hill said...

What a beautiful card! And I love that background...really sets off your beautiful leaf!! :0)