Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thanks for your support!

I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma in early March. While this is a rare form of cancer, the cure rate is very high (upwards of 85%). Of course, I don't think anyone wishes to get cancer, but I was fortunate enough to be one of the ones who experienced symptoms and my doctors diagnosed it early (I'm at stage 2). Next week I will hit the half way mark for chemotherapy. I'm scheduled to conclude chemo in August, and then will follow up with a month of radiation in September.

The support that I have received from my family, friends and coworkers has been amazing. I am truly blessed to have such a huge network of caring people in my life, and I am certain that they are reason I am doing as well as I am during this battle.

Chemotherapy destroys one's immune system, so I am having to live like a hermit at home for much of my treatment. On the positive side, this has allowed me a lot more time to indulge in my creative passion! I have come up with a card that I will be sending to those who have been so supportive to me during this bump in the road.

Most people know that pink is the color for the breast cancer awareness campaign. In researching Hodgkin's disease, I discovered violet is the awareness color. So, this card is my take on Hodgkin's awareness and is my way of thanking my family and friends for believing in me. This card uses My Favorite Things "Think Pink" clear stamp set and A Muse note card and "thanks for your support stamp." Here is the inside of the card:


No comments: