
This week's challenge over at the A Muse Addicts site is to create a card inspired by a vacation get-away. Those who know me well know I adore anything related to France (My house decor is French inspired, with several Eiffel Towers). French was my most favorite subject in school, and I took it for six years. To this day, I still gravitate to the Travel section in bookstores and look for anything related to France that might be a good read.
I've been to Paris once, about seven years ago. My sister and I went together. She was the only one from her high school drill team to be nominated to be part of the American All Star Dance/Drill team and participate in Paris's New Year's Day parade. I was her chaperone, and we had a fantastic time, even though we were only there a week. I'm a New Year's baby, so to be in Paris for my birthday was a dream come true!
One of my fondest memories from our trip was an evening boat ride along the River Seine. I decided to recreate one of my favorite scenes--viewing the Eiffel Tower looming above the bridges crossing the Seine. I can't wait to visit again!
Ayez un bon week-end et les mercis de visiter mon blog! (Have a good weekend and thanks for visiting my blog!)
6/16 ETA: Thank you to Rhonda for telling me about the Ott Lite! I retook a picture of this card under my new lamp and it made a world of difference! I only wish I had found out about this sooner. I feel like I need to retake all of the pictures of my cards in my photo gallery!
Card Details:
Stamps: A Muse, Hero Arts
Paper: A Muse, Making Memories, Hero Arts
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Paris Dusk, Cat's Eye Sky Blue
Coloring Tools: Prismacolor Pencils, Spica markers
Other tools used: Stampamajig, Rosie's Roadshow Cloud Template
2 comments:
Victoria!!! :D!!! Hey you!! What a beautiful scene on this card! A scene I hope to see IRL someday!! :D
I'm so happy I got to meet you on Saturday!! You are a sweetheart and a fighter for sure, so inspiring and uplifting!!
I see what you mean about your pictures coming out blurry. What has helped me is an image stabilizer on my camera. Oh, does your camera have a tiny switch on it that goes from automatic to manual?? My old camera had that and I had no idea but it had been bumped and was on manual so my pics were all turning out blurry. Maybe check that, cuz your cards are too cute to not show up well on a blurry picture!!
BIG HUGS for you!! I hope you have a beautiful day today!!
Oh, and yes, I'd love the Lifeguard Chair and "you're a lifesaver" stamp if you find them!! Let me know how much I owe you for them and we'll meet up!!
YAY!!! This is MUCH better!!! Now we can see your gorgeous card clearly!!! :D Beautiful!!! :D
Post a Comment