Monday, September 13, 2010

What's Perking?


When Paper Crafts magazine put out a recent call for projects for an upcoming stamp technique issue, I decided to submit this card in the marker category. I am by no means a Copic professional. I've taken only one Copic marker class at a local stamp store which introduced me to the basic blending techniques and rule of three markers (pick out one of each marker in light, medium and dark tones). I came away with a good understanding, but I would definitely like to take my skills to the next level. It was probably a bit ambitious on my part to submit a card in the color marker category, and my card wasn't picked, but oh well. Nothing ventured nothing gained!

The What's Perking set from Hero Arts is one of my favorites. It's definitely good for practicing paper piecing and coloring, plus it's just so bright and cheery. It was fun to pair the set with PTI cardstock and buttons, along with some patterned paper from October Afternoon's Thrift Shop collection.

Thanks for looking and have a good week!

Card Supplies:
Stamps from What's Perking clear set by Hero Arts; patterned paper from October Afternoon; PaperTrey Ink ocean tides cardstock, lemon tart and ocean tides buttons, button twine; Memento inks; assorted Copic markers; We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.

5 comments:

BethieJ said...

Victoria this is just DARLING! I LOVE the colors you used!

Mary said...

Adorable card - and the colors are perfect!

Mary (Papertrey Playhouse)

Adele Fowler said...

Love the colours on this card, Super cute :)

Amy said...

Great card! That stamp set has been on my wishlist for a while!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I've got that set and I love the colors you've used. I need help in the marker department, great idea to take a class.