Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

Hi! Long time, no posts. I've been doing plenty of creating, just not so much posting. Hopefully today's post and tomorrow's post (the PTI blog hop!) will make up for my absence here. I've got four Easter cards to share today.

I've never considered my crafting style to be shabby chic, but then again I'm not sure I have a defined style. For me, the best part of crafting is exploring different styles and new techniques. However, lately I seem to be on a shabby chic kick. The older, vintage look appealed to me, so I made a series of vintage-inspired Easter cards.

For this card I tried out a Melissa Frances Vintage Embellishment, the bird nest. I'm not exactly sure what it's made of; I don't think it's resin, it has more of a clay-like feel to it, but I'm not sure if it's that either, and of course the packaging doesn't tell me anything. There were three embellishments included in the package (bird on branch, bird cage and bird nest), and they have a distressed white finish to them. I got out some pigment inks and swiped them over the nest and eggs to give them color. It was hard to get into the crevices, but I actually rather like having areas of white exposed. I layered the embellishment onto a PTI Doily Detail cut out. The little resin bird is from Webster's Pages. The vintage egg paper is also from Melissa Frances. The beautiful sentiment is from PTI's Birds of a Feather set. The round egg sticker is from K & Co's Flora & Fauna Typewriter Key Grand Adhesions set.

This next card has more vintage egg paper and a doily die cut. The bird image is from a Hampton Art clear set, Circle Birds. I think I picked it up at Michaels last year. The doily lace strip is from Basic Grey's Curio paper ribbon set. The sentiment is from PTI's Mega Mixed Messages set.

What's Easter without a bunny? The bunny image is from Inkadinkado. The Easter sentiment is from Memory Box. The flowers and leaves which I distressed with Color Box Creamy Brown ink are from the Boutique Fleur collection from Recollections at Michaels. I even dug out the colored pencils for this one! My pencils have been sadly ignored since I discovered Copic markers.

And finally, here is one with a chick. The chick image, colored with pencils, is also from Inkadinkado. Same sources as the bunny card above for the sentiment and flower embellishments.

That's all for today. Please stop back tomorrow for my PTI blog hop entry.

I hope you're having a wonderful weekend and enjoying a beautiful Easter!

1 comment:

Ted said...

Oh my gosh, that patterned paper is just wonderful! I love it. Each card is so unique, so it's good that you're not asking us to choose a favorite... I couldn't. They're all beautiful! :)