Monday, April 25, 2011

PaperTrey Ink April Blog Hop: Focus on Masculine Projects



Hi and Happy Monday! I'm back with this month's PaperTrey Ink blog hop project, which is to create a project with a masculine focus. Here is my entry:

This card uses a masculine color combination of kraft, chocolate brown and moss green. I also incorporated some balsa wood for my focal point. I die cut a business card size of balsa wood I had in my stash with the Fillable Frames #7 die and stamped it with a leaf image from Turning a New Leaf and the sentiment from Fillable Frames #4. This was mounted on to a rounded corner piece of chocolate brown card stock and then adhered to a piece of moss green cardstock that I embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder (Country Foliage).

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to seeing what you came up with for this challenge as well!

Have a good week!

8 comments:

Kara said...

so pretty..love the texture!

Crafty Math Chick said...

This looks terrific, I like the embossing folder - pretty!

Anne Tussing said...

Loving this!! The embossing folder is perfect and the balsam wood tag is to die for:)

Margaret M said...

Oh gosh I just love this card..all the textures! I've got to get that embossing folder! TFS

Jen Carter said...

Really great card! I love, love that embossing folder, I have it too and it is lovely!! Great work!

Chris Simon said...

Wonderful card! I love the combination of textures. The balsa wood is perfect with the embossing folder background.

Tracey McNeely said...

Great card, I love the subtle colours and the textures.

Brenda R said...

You have put together a fantastic card. My compliments in making a simple and masculine card.