I thought I'd do something a little different on the blog today and share some pictures that aren't just of my cards (though if you're only here to see a card, I do have some pics of my latest creations, you'll just have to scroll down a bit).
I haven't shared with you that I'm mom to an 18-month old. Fur baby, that is. A cat, to be specific. His name is Augie. Funny name for a funny cat. I promise you, I am not one of those "crazy cat ladies", but I do adore my little guy and thought it was time for me to introduce him to you. For the most part, Augie is a very loving kitty. He loves to sit with me and keep me company and he "talks" (meows) to me all the time. Augie can also be a very naughty boy and throws temper tantrums. He bites and claws and kicks his mama. Bad boy. But, we take the good with the bad, right?
So, last night I was in my craft studio organizing some things. Augie came in and jumped up on my desk. Now, my craft studio is very full. It's organized, but it's full (I'll have to take pictures of it and post them some time). Poor Augie, he hasn't been able to find a dedicated spot that he can call his own and relax comfortably. So lately he's taken to doing this:
I have a two-shelf hutch that is in front of my work surface. This is Augie on the bottom level hiding behind some rhinestone, pearl and hardware embellishment boxes. Here is a view from the other side of the boxes with his tail sticking out:
Augie also likes to climb up and sit in my photo light box. Here he is a few minutes after the above photos were taken:
Oh, he makes me laugh! His ID tag is in the shape of a bow tie, and he sports a red collar to match. Is it me, or does he look like he is not amused that I'm taking his picture?!
Thanks for indulging me and putting up with my "kid" photos. Now, on to some more crafting things. Yesterday my local stamp store Impress was having a huge paper sale to make room for new paper that will soon be arriving in the store. I've always considered myself fortunate to have that store 20 minutes from my house. It's also a very bad thing for my wallet. I think I've mentioned that I've been crafting for almost 20 years. That's a long time to acquire crafty stuff. Including paper. I don't need more paper. At all. Do you think that stopped me from buying more yesterday? Nope. Here is my proof:
That is 64 sheets of 12 x 12 paper. I got all of that paper for $16. Awesome deal, huh? I think I now have enough paper to complete 12 calendars for several years! I also got a few other things besides that paper. Want to see?
In the lower left corner is a pack of 10 terra cotta colored envelopes. 40% off=$1.80. In the middle is a pack of Crate Paper's Random collection of buttons. It nearly killed me to pay almost the same price as a bag of PTI buttons in which you get somewhere between 200-500 buttons but in this case I got 15 buttons. Ouch. But, they were cute. I liked them. I got them. Next to the buttons are two rolls of Japanese washi tape. One teal stripe, one red stripe. Fun. Below the washi tape, a Memento Cantaloupe re-inker. I've been using my little Cantaloupe Dew Drop ink pad like crazy lately and there is nothing worse than a dry ink pad, so now I'm covered (no pun intended!). Finally, below the re-inker is a wood mount stamp. I got that for 30% off. Nice. It says "In prosperity our friends know us; in adversity we know our friends." How true is that? I got that stamp to use on some cards for some friends who are going through some very rough health issues. All in all, I had a lot of fun at Impress yesterday!
Now for some pics of my latest card creations. My PTI August release arrived last Monday so I was able to play with my new goodies throughout the week:
This one features Harvest Berries, Gratitude Journal, the Mat Stack 1 Layerz die and the Bloom Builders #3 die.
This one uses all three of the Mat Stack 1 dies together, the solid frame image from Mat Stack 1, the Simple Sunflower images and dies and the Mehndi Medallion impression plate.
This one uses more of the Simple Sunflower images and dies. I pulled out my Fillable Frames #10 die and frame as well. The patterned paper is from Basic Grey's Indie Bloom 6 x 6 pad. This card will fit inside one of the terra cotta envelopes I got yesterday.
If you stuck with me this far, thanks for reading! I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend. I've got two four-day work weeks sandwiching the Labor Day weekend, and I'm very happy about that!
Take care!
5 comments:
Lovely cards. You have been busy playing with your new goodies. Love the pattern paper you used on the sunflower card. Now I see why you bought it. Good choice.
Lovely cards! I love the new bloom buliders 3. I haven't had a chance to play yet, so thatnks for inspiring me! Love the pictures of your kitty. Ours is 4 years and loves to be where we are as well!
Great autumn cards! Looks like you're having lots of fun with your August release! Great to see it being put to good use :)
It seems you had a lot of fun between the craft store sale and arrival of PTI August release! I had a lot of fun just seeing what you did with everything! I would be inspired also by those terra cotta envelopes! The bright "Fallish" colors on these cards is refreshing. Love your work, always!
Your kitty is adorable! I too love cats!! I don't have any now. He does look like, "geez, do you really need to take my picture right now?!" Almost like he wants to roll his eyes at you! lol!!
Post a Comment