Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Printer Trays

Happy September! I hope you enjoyed the Labor Day weekend! I was able to complete two printer tray projects over the course of the long weekend in between craft store trips, pruning trees and bushes away from the house in anticipation of the wind that fall will bring and trimming the hedge that runs around the perimeter of my property. Unfortunately I came down with some sort of flu bug last night. I had hoped that a good night's sleep would help, but I didn't sleep very well and when my alarm went off this morning I felt just as bad if not worse than last night. Ugh. So, I stayed home from work today. I haven't felt up to doing much of anything today, but I did manage to get pictures taken of the two printer tray projects. Please click on the photos for a closer look:

This first one I made for myself. It's an ode to my love of Paris (but really I adore anything French related). I didn't do any stamping on this one. It's a collage of patterned paper and embellishments that I had in my stash.

This tray I made for my mom. She loves fall as much as I do. I remember when Basic Gray released the Indian Summer collection a few years ago. I was completely taken with it and bought 4 of the 6 x6 paper pads along with the full collection of 12 x 12 paper. I also got the three coordinating stamps sets, brads and buttons. I know that's a bit over the top, and I remember thinking at the time that maybe I would regret getting so much of the paper. Nope! I still love it and I'm glad I've got more to use. I actually did quite a bit of stamping for this tray.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a good week!

3 comments:

carol (krillsister) said...

These are so pretty. I have never done one of these trays. maybe someday. I like paris too. Can't wait to go back.

Leigh Penner said...

I love both of these, Victoria! They are both stunning! I want to make one now, too....

Krista said...

these are both so beautiful!! love both themes and color schemes.