Sunday, March 25, 2012

March PTI Blog Hop

Happy Sunday! Oh man, is there a full moon going on or something? I have had some annoying computer issues this weekend between updating my virus software, saving my photos, getting my photo editing program to work and then posting this to the wrong blog. I'm just now finally able to get this post done, and I actually finished these cards last week. Maybe I should take this as a lesson to take the photos and schedule the post as soon as the cards are done!

I made two cards for the March PTI blog hop. Visit Nichole's blog here to see the details of the challenge and the inspiration photo.

Here is the first card I made:

I loved the yellow stripes and aqua ribbon in the inspiration photo and wanted to incorporate those elements into my card. The striped paper is from Michaels and I scored it for $.19 on sale!

Here is the second card I made, which gave me the opportunity to use the new Medallions background set along with Rosie Posie (yes, I'm a bit of a latecomer to the Rosie Posie party!)


Thanks for stopping by! Have a lovely week!

15 comments:

Pam W. said...

Oh my goodness, both of these cards are delightful. That striped paper is perfect for the challenge and I, too, used the BGB: Medallions. Love it!

bjmartin said...

I love the stripes - looks like a carnival! So happy!

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Oh my gosh they are both fantastic! I agree with the last commenter that the stripes are so happy like a carnival. :)

Laura :) said...

Both of your cards are so pretty! The stripe paper is just perfect. I just got the Rosie Posie set, too :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Both lovely cards, great score on the paper.

Michelle said...

I love that striped paper!! These cards are really lovely. I especially like the first one with that gorgeous ribbon!

Mayol said...

Gorgeous stamping! Love the clean look. The stripes are my favorite :)

Marybeth said...

Wow! Both cards are gorgeous! Sorry you had so much trouble . Love the papers you used. Love the bold yet elegant look of both cards.

Kristii said...

What a fabulous card!! Love the yellow striped paper!!! Sooooo fun!!

Nancy said...

Very HAPPY cards, love both of 'em! Great stripes.

Rebecca said...

Great card. I love the yellow stripes too.

Lisa Elton said...

VERY cute Victoria!!

The Paper Parade said...

Both of these cards are great and go along perfectly with the inspiration photo! Love those stripes and stamped medallions, and of course rosie posie :)

Anonymous said...

These are so pretty! You rocked this blog hop! Should have been sitting next to you to get some of your mojo. Love how both of these pop with color but love the medallion backfround and rosie posies. Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

These are so pretty! You rocked this blog hop! Should have been sitting next to you to get some of your mojo. Love how both of these pop with color but love the medallion backfround and rosie posies. Fabulous!