Saturday, April 28, 2012

60 Birthday Wishes

Happy Weekend!  I'm back to share a card I made yesterday for a 60th birthday celebration I'm going to tonight.  After I finished it, I realized that it would work for this week's MIM challenge--to glitter a die cut!


I also made a coordinating tag for the special bottle of Washington wine I'm bringing the birthday boy.  Do you know how stressful it is to select a bottle of wine for a wine connoisseur when you aren't one yourself?! I got some great recommendations from my co-worker, whose dad has worked in the wine industry for years.  Fortunately I was able to find one of the brands he recommended at my local wine shop.
 





That's it for me.  I've got a busy weekend of card making ahead of me--two babies, an engagement, and a few birthdays!


Card details:
All supplies from PTI unless otherwise indicated
Cardstock/Paper:  Simply Chartreuse cardstock, Hawaiian Shores cardstock, Aqua Mist striped patterned paper, green paper (My Mind's Eye Home collection) Classic Crest white (Neenah)
Dies:  Tag Sale #2, Super Stars borders, Seeing Stars, Limitless Layers 1 3/4" pinked circle, numbers (Slice Basics 1 cartridge from Making Memories)
Stamps:  2012 Birthday Tags
Ink:  Aqua Mist, Simply Chartreuse
Other elements: lily pad white glitter (Doodlebug), Hawaiian Shores saddle stitch ribbon

Tag details:

All supplies from PTI
Cardstock/Paper:  Simply Chartreuse cardstock, Hawaiian Shores cardstock, Aqua Mist striped patterned paper
Digital element: Birthday tag image from PTI 2011 anniversary download freebie
Dies:  Wine tag, Tag Sale #5, Limitless Layers 1 3/4" scalloped circle
Ribbon:  Simply Chartreuse saddle stitch

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cool that you were able to use the PTI anniversary freebie. I really like that birthday tag and it works so well for a masculine birthday card. Hope he loved the wine!