Sunday, May 6, 2012

MIM: Inspired Color Challenge

I'm back with a card I completed for this week's Make It Monday challenge.  I had originally started to work on a different project using one of the other color combinations, but I just couldn't get it to come together the way I wanted.  I finally decided to try a different project inspired by this photo and color combination:

Here is my card:

I loved the floral pattern of the head board in the inspiration photo and was also drawn to the chevron pillow (I'm a bit late to the chevron party--I just got the chevron background set in my last PTI order!), so those were the elements I wanted to incorporate in my project.

Thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Card details:
All supplies by Papertrey Ink
Stamps:  Background Basics:  Chevron Stripes, Floral Fusion (Limited Edition set from CHA 2009)
Cardstock:  Soft Stone, Melon Berry, Lavender Moon, Smokey Shadow
Ink:  Fine Linen, Melon Berry, Lavender Moon, Smokey Shadow

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw this color combo on Nicole's blog and just wasn't drawn to it but now that I see it on your card, I think it is fabulous! Those flowers on the branches are so pretty and you can never ever go wrong with chevrons!