Now that my camera battery has recharged, I was finally able to snap a photo of my card I made for this month's PTI blog hop, which is all about fall-inspired patterns and textures. I recently purchased a set of Lifestyle crafts embossing folders, which included a houndstooth pattern as well as an argyle pattern. I chose to use those as the starting point for my card, along with a sketch I found in an old Papercrafts magazine.
I inked up the houndstooth folder with kraft ink and then ran a panel of Fine Linen cardstock through my Big Shot Express, creating sort of a letterpress look. Then I used the argyle folder and ran my card front through the machine as well. I trimmed the bottom of the houndstooth panel, following the card sketch pattern. A couple of Prima leaves and a Making Memories epoxy embellishment were clustered on top of the houndstooth panel and then I finished off the card adding the strip with the sentiment and a brown rhinestone.
Thanks for stopping by! From the thumb nails I've seen thus far for the hop, there is plenty of inspiration to be found! Can't wait to get closer looks.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend! I'm off work for the next week and I plan to get busy crafting!
Card details:
Cardstock: Fine Linen, Canyon Clay and Terracotta Tile by PTI
Stamp: 2009 Autumn Tag set from PTI
Ink; Rich Cocoa from Memento, Classic Kraft from PTI
Tools: Houndstooth and Argyle embossing folders from Lifestyle Crafts
Accents: leaves from Prima; epoxy embellishment from Making Memories, rhinestone from Making Memories

7 comments:
Lovely card Victoria, love the houndstooth.
That button is so cute really makes the finishing touch.
I haven't tried that folder with the ink technique yet, very nice.
Great use of texture and I love that embellishment with the leaves!
Wonderful card--I love the houndstooth.
Great card Victoria! I love the layout and the technique you used.
Beautiful! Adding the ink to the EF was a great idea. Enjoy your week!
Post a Comment