I actually was able to make a card for this week's Make It Monday challenge! Dawn was right when she said watercoloring was therapeutic. It was so relaxing to just play around with the paint brush last night when I got home from work. Unfortunately I don't seem to have an ink pad that works well with watercoloring--guess I'll need to fix that during one of my next shopping trips! I was happy to give a stamp set that hasn't seen much inking and some patterned papers that haven't had much use some attention for this challenge:
As you can see, the ink from the stamped image ran a bit, but I still think this turned out okay. I added some black enamel accents to the center of the flowers. The jar of water I had sitting on my desk from a previous project must have been used with some pearlized water paints or something, because I can see a fine dusting of gold shimmer on the morning glories.
Thanks for stopping by!
Card details:
All supplies by PTI unless otherwise indicated
Cardstock: Blueberry Sky; white (Neenah)
Patterned paper: Simply Chartreuse bitty dot; Enchanted Evening vine
Stamps: Year of Flowers: Morning Glories
Ink: Blueberry Sky, Spring Rain, Harvest Gold, Simply Chartreuse, New Leaf, Pitch Black (Adirondack)
Other: Black Enamel Accents (Ranger)

2 comments:
Lovely in every way, Beautiful coloring.
I think you did a great job coloring with your water color inks...I love those blue morning glories!
Post a Comment