Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Celebrating PTI's 8th Anniversary: Metallics & Neutrals

It's Hump Day!  I'm back with two cards I made for Papertrey's metallics and neutrals challenge today.  I've been enjoying the gold trend in crafting.  I'm not normally drawn to gold, I much prefer silver tones for jewelry and home decor, but when crafting I've found I prefer gold to silver.  I guess I like the warmth it gives; silver has a much cooler appearance (good for snowflakes!).

Here's my first card. I die cut the Circle cover plate from gold foil card stock and adhered it to a True Black card.  A fun sentiment from We Go Together stamped on a Limitless Layers Circle die cut and finished off with a couple of gold sparkle heart enamel dots.


My second card features a gold foil heart from which I die cut the Wet Paint love word.  Some gold foil heart washi tape adds a nice accent to the bottom of the panel.


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

maria f. said...

Very striking card. We're you by chance a Kappa?!?

Anonymous said...

Hmm....someone got some new washi tape. Strange that I've that same one. Great minds think alike. Love your cards!