Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Holiday Thanks

When I was housebound during our big snow storm earlier this month, I spent one entire day making cards to have on hand for various holidays, birthdays, and thank yous. My final count that day was fifteen!

My friend JoAnne gave me a Starbucks gift card for Christmas. She was my high school French teacher, so every time I send her something, I try to incorporate something French into it, thus the "Merci" sentiment for her thank you note. I was inspired by Julie's card here, and decided to do something similar with the A Muse To Go cup image. I colored it in with a red Copic marker, then stamped the tiny snowflake from Memory Box in Brilliance Moonlight White, then cut it out and mounted it on top of the tiny blue oval stamped with Memento Summer Sky ink. I think it turned out pretty good! I created my own background on the A Muse note card by randomly stamping the Memory Box snowflake images (you get two separate images on one wood block!) on the paper with the Moonlight White ink. The blue scallop frame was cut out with a scalloped Nestabilities rectangle.

Thanks for looking! I'll be back again soon with pictures of the various calendars I worked on this year!

4 comments:

Pamela said...

Great card! The To Go cup is so versatile!

Laura said...

How cute! Loved how you used "merci".

Rhonda said...

Oooh, this is perty!!! I love the snowflake stamped SB cup!! Looks like the real thing!

jenstamps said...

This is perfect! The red Starbucks cups make me smile every year! :)