Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year...New Calendar(s)

Happy New Year! I wish you all a very healthy, happy 2009! Today is also my birthday, so January 1st brings me not only a fresh start to a new year, but also marks another year I've been alive on this planet. I saw my oncologist earlier this week for my three-month check up, and I was pleased to get a clean bill of health. So, I definitely got my Christmas and birthday wishes this year--my life! I'm looking forward to a cancer-free, far-fewer-doctor-visits year!

Many of my friends and family refer to me as the Calendar Queen. I've been making calendars for gifts now for about 12 years. The most I'd ever done in the past was 17, and there were three different versions. This year I matched my record of making 17, but I counted six different versions I made. Unfortunately two I gave away before I was able to snap pictures (though you can see one on the A Muse site on this post), but this is a picture of the other four I made. The orange and black one in the middle I made at a class at Impress in October; the one on the left with the four seasons images I made as a thank you for my hair stylist, who gave me free hair care during my cancer treatments; the one on the left with the pink and green paper is my standard calendar I gave to my family and friends; the small black and white polka dot book at the bottom I made for a coworker, who was very supportive throughout my illness last year and also contributed to the A Muse calendar project.

I will post individual pictures of each of the January calendar pages for the different versions over the next few days. Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy VICTORIA!!!!! And a Happy New Year to you as well!

Your calendars are GORGEOUS!!! I feel so blessed to be one of the recipients of your beautiful creations! Thank you!!

I hope you have a wonderful day! Can't wait to see you tomorrow for a playdate!!

Dawn said...

Happy Birthday, Victoria! Hope you and Rhonda had a day to remember! I just know that 2009 is going to be your year!!!

Joyce said...

Happy Birthday, Victoria! I think it must be some kind of special good luck to be born on New Year's day. Congrats on the doctor appointment too. I had my semiannual poking a prodding last week and all is good for another 6 mths. It's always a little stressful but such a relief when it's over.

Novell said...

Happy belated birthday!!!! What wonderful gifts for your friends and family. So happy to hear you got a clean bill of health, too! May this new year continue to bring you good health and continued recovery.

jenstamps said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope you enjoyed you day!

Your calendars are fabulous!!!

Claudia said...

Happy Birthday Victoria! Your friend Rhonda told me it was your birthday. I am a two-time breast cancer survivor and I wish you the best of health from now until forever! I hope you had a great birthday!