Thursday, December 18, 2008

Merry Kissmas!

Last weekend the Pacific Northwest got its first big snow of the season. While I was cooped up at home, I was able to make a few cards that I needed for two of my guy friends' birthdays and then also just play around with some of my holiday stamps.

This first one I made just for fun. I love this Mistletoe Girl image from Rubber Romance! The "Merry Kissmas" sentiment is by A Muse. The greenery background paper is from Rubber Soul. Inside I stamped "Meet me under the mistletoe," an image by Hampton Art Stamps.

The second card I made is for my buddy Brian's birthday, which is today. He is a manly man--loves hunting, football, and driving BIG vehicles (like his Hummer and one of the big brown delivery vehicles!). I had fun making this slider card. If you pull on the Hummer, it goes "driving" along the tree-lined road! The original Hummer stamp looks like is the military vehicle with the cloth top. Since Brian has the sporty H2 vehicle, I masked off the back and hand drew in the hard top and window to make it look like his. I think it turned out pretty good! The trees image, Hummer stamp and note card are by A Muse. The "have an adventure" is from the clear set Tiny Words by Wordsworth.

Thanks for looking! To all my WA friends, I hope you're staying safe and warm during our Deep Freeze!

3 comments:

Julia Aston said...

I think you should give the sexy girl one to your guy friend! he might like it?!?!?! Love your forest masculine card too!

Dawn said...

That background paper on the Kissmas card is really nice! Missed your blog posts lately. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!!

Rhonda said...

Wow!! So cool! I love what you did with that hummer card!! You are rocking the slider cards!! I bet he loved it!!

And, you always make the most gorgeous sexy girl cards!!! I love this one too!

I'm so happy to not be cooped up from the snow anymore!!