Sunday, June 28, 2009

AMAP Ribbon Challenge

Hope you're having a good weekend. Yesterday was the Rock n' Roll marathon here in Seattle. In conjunction with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and its Team in Training program, I was a volunteer at their water station for the marathon. It was a lot of fun, but boy am I tired. My upper body feels like jelly after toting around cartons of 6 gallons of water and keeping my arms extended holding out water for the runners for eight hours! Once I got home I felt like I'd done a marathon myself!

Anyway, you're here to see a card, so enough of my personal ramblings! I made this card for the A-Muse-A-Palooza ribbon challenge. I recently got this beautiful flower ribbon as part of a grab bag at Packaging Specialties. I thought the flower design in the ribbon resembled the A Muse gerber daisy image, so I pulled that out, and the card just fell together. I wanted to color the flower like one in the ribbon, but I'm not sure I like the finished result. Anyway, I was too tired to come up with something else, so I'm sticking with this! Thanks for looking, and hope you have a good week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh wow... the ribbon matches perfectly! what a fun card

Dawn said...

Bet that water got so heavy by the end of the day! It was good of you to give of your time like that.

Love the card you made too! That ribbon is fab!