Friday, July 3, 2009

AMAP Twilight Challenge

Happy Friday! This week's A-Muse-A-Palooza challenge is to create a "Twilight" inspired card. Rather than follow the crowd and create a vampire-related card, I chose to create a card in the more literal sense of "twilight." For all of you Twilight books and movie fans out there, I apologize up front--I am one of the few people who has not caught on to the whole craze. I have seen the movie, but not yet read any of the books. The movie was good, but it did not inspire me to rush out and read the books. I know, GASP, but please don't hate me!

Anyway, being the Seattleite that I am, I decided to create a Seattle at twilight scene. I suppose this also just looks like a typical gray Seattle day. I once saw a Seattle postcard that said we have 20+ versions of gray here! I have to agree with that. At least I didn't add rain to my card, though!

I created the twilight background using gray and blue Copic markers along with the Copic airbrush system. It was my first time trying the airbrush effect, and let me just say that it is addicting! After I finished I was looking for other projects to try it on. I was just disappointed that the air can was so small (guess that explains why it's the starter kit!). I can see I will need to get some more very soon!

All paper, stamps and embellishments by A Muse. Inks by Memento and Copic.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Makes me miss Seattle :)

Jennie M said...

This is gorgeous! I love your take on the challenge! Awesome card! :)

Dawn said...

I haven't read any of the twilight books either and I love your card!

Bellawhoop said...

Lovely take on "twilight." I have also seen the movie, but like you, haven't been inspired to read the novels. :) So there are still some of us left who haven't read them!

Laura said...

Love your card!

Novell said...

I think it's a great take on the challenge!