Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Good Times with Rhonda

Today Rhonda and I met up for a long overdue stamping play date! While she worked on samples for her upcoming class, I completed several cards that were on my project list. Several of these fit the current challenge on the A Muse lounge, which is to make a card using a stamp or stamps that you haven't used before.

First up is a baby card I made for a friend, who is expecting her second child around the beginning of October. She is having a boy, so I used the traditionally masculine blue and green colors. The crib stamp is fairly new for me, and I hadn't used it before. I wasn't overly excited about the card once I was done, but the more I look at it, the more I like it. All products by A Muse.

Next up are a series of thank you notes I made for several friends who served as personal references for me during my job interview (yes, I got the job, and I start next week!). I am really pleased with how these turned out, and they were super quick to make. Those rounded corners were made with the Corner Chomper, from We R Memory Keepers (the same company that makes the Crop-A-Dile). That is my new favorite tool! It "chomps" corners in two sizes--1/4" and 1/2", and it will cut through several layers of cardstock, chipboard, etc. Great tool, and I highly recommend it. Note cards and flower stamps by A Muse; Merci stamp by Ann Keenan Higgins for All Night Media.

My dad's birthday is coming up next week. He is a coffee fiend, so I often turn to my coffee related stamps when I make him cards. Stamps and note card by A Muse; patterned paper by Stampin' Up!

One of my dearest friends has a birthday at the end of August. She is currently in Japan for a five-year work stint with her husband. I made this card and a set of note cards for her birthday. The color combination was inspired by two little packs of designer papers from Jenni Bowlin Studio. I wasn't intending for a patriotic theme, but this certainly could work for a 4th of July birthday! I do like how this one turned out. Stamps, note card, ribbon by A Muse; patterned paper from Trendy and Front Porch collections by Jenni Bowlin Studio.

Finally, this card is for my next bumper card exchange, and it was also inspired by the Jenni Bowlin papers. The Front Porch collection made me think of vintage kitchens, so I pulled out my baking set stamps. I hadn't used the apron or the circle dot border before, so decided to use those. The sentiment is an A Muse wood block stamp from several years ago--it may be retired? The final touch was a strip of decorative apple ribbon. Stamps and note card by A Muse; patterned paper from Front Porch collection by Jenni Bowlin Studio; ribbon from Recess collection by Imaginisce.

Thanks for stopping by, and thanks Rhonda for the fun time today! Let's get together again soon!

5 comments:

Alanna Harris said...

All of your cards are great...I love the card sets you made, they are beautiful! Thanks for the tip about the corner chomper...my little squeeze punch is horrible!

Dawn said...

How in the world did you get all these great cards made with Rhonda? I would have been gabbing way too much to get anything done. You really got a lot done and they are all great.

Elena said...

All of the cards are great. The patterned paper on the "Dad" card really makes the image pop!

Jennie M said...

I love all of these cards Victoria! Every one is just wonderful! Thanks so much for playing along with the Lounge challenge! :)

Nancy said...

Hi Victoria!! How are you?? You have been busy girl! These are all so creative & well done!! You are very inspiring! I so glad I stopped by to see each & every one of the masterpieces! I need to make it a point to stop by more often!!

Thank you for your kind words over on my blog too! It's always so nice to hear from you!

Just to let you know, I'm hostessing a Memory Box/Poppy stamps ATC swap over on my blog if you are interested in joining. I would love to have you swap with us!!