Saturday, October 31, 2009

A Haunting We Will Go...

Happy Halloween! It's finally here. My house is all decked out and the candy is ready in the bowl for all the little ghosts and goblins to stop by tonight. I'm expecting quite a few trick-or-treaters since it's Saturday night, so I made sure to get a BIG bag of candy from Costco!

On to my card. This card is one of the favorites I made this year. I think the alcohol-inked background is what made it really pop. I wanted to create the look of dusk, so I used a blend of red, orange and purple toned inks. It's super easy to use the inks, and I don't think you can really "mess up." If you don't like the result, you can wipe the slate clean-literally--by using the blender solution and swiping it over your glossy cardstock. Jennifer McGuire has some excellent tutorial videos on her blog using the alcohol inks. Visit her for some great inspiration!

Thanks for looking, and happy haunting!

Card details: kid parade stamp by 100 Proof Press; sentiment by Impress; Martha Stewart pumpkin punch; Adirondack alcohol inks; white glossy paper; black cardstock; Versafine ink; clear embossing powder.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

I love this card! The background goes perfectly with the silhouette!