Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Hello! In anticipation of St. Patrick's Day, I whipped up a couple of cards. I'm not Irish, but hey, I'm always up for a celebration, so bring on the green! This first card was inspired by an idea I saw at Impress, but I put my own spin on it, and I think it turned out to be a fun card. Perfect for my Irish friend, Kelly! Impress actually released the "Be Merry Be Green" sentiment last Christmas, but I think it works equally well for this holiday too. The green foam for the beer was colored in with a Copic marker, and then I went over it with a green Spica glitter pen, just to give it some pizzazz.

This next card is actually pretty cute in real life. I cut out the shamrock using my Slice and the Spring cartridge, and stamped the "Sending you a wee bit of luck" sentiment on it. I then outlined it with a green Spica marker. I punched out a bunch of tiny shamrocks with a teeny Punch Bunch punch, and tossed them into the glassine envelope, then adhered it to a striped green background scrap. As a fun little surprise, I tucked an individually wrapped organic mint tea bag inside the card for the recipient. Gotta have some sort of green beverage on St. Paddy's day, right?

Thanks for looking! Hope you remember to wear your green, otherwise you might get pinched!

Card details:

Card 1: note card by A Muse; paper from my stash; stamps by Impress, Art Impressions, 100 Proof Press; ink by Memento; Copic and Spica markers; circle punches.
Card 2: note card by A Muse; paper by Making Memories; glassine envelope from Impress; ink by Memento; Spica marker; Making Memories Slice machine and cartridge; punch by Punch Bunch.

No comments: