Monday, March 1, 2010

Spring is in the Air

After a crazy Monday at work, I was so glad to get home this afternoon and just play! I wanted to participate in the spring card challenge on Nichole Heady's blog, and once I decided on my color scheme it didn't take me too long to figure what stamps to use (I've quickly learned that my inventory of PaperTrey Ink spring-like stamps is sorely lacking; I will need to fix that!) and my card layout. I had a chance to practice my Copic blending, and I really like how the tulips turned out. The basket was a bit more of a challenge with all of those polka dots!

This card just makes me so happy and anxious for spring to arrive! Here in Washington we have an annual tulip festival each year up north in the Skagit Valley. Although I am a Seattle native, I'm ashamed to admit I've never attended it. Perhaps this year. There are just fields and fields of gorgeous tulips all over. A true visual feast for the eyes.

Thanks for visiting! I hope your week is off to a great start!

Card details:
Cardstock and designer paper by PaperTrey Ink, Neenah (Classic Crest White); ribbon and stamp images by PaperTrey Ink; ink by PaperTrey Ink and Memento; button from my stash; Karen Foster pink floss; Copic markers; Stampin Up! label punch; We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.

2 comments:

Michele Gross said...

Love the colors-so fresh and springy. I'm still trying to decide which pallette I want to try-might have to do them all! :)

Lisa Voerg said...

Your card is just beautiful. I thought that this combo. of colors looked really challenging and you did a great job.