Happy Sunday! Hope you had a good weekend. I spent most of mine crafting, which always makes for a good weekend in my book! I saw Lisa Johnson posted her second Poppy Seed Challenge on her blog, so I was excited to play along! I actually made three cards for the challenge, which was to include at least one button, polka dots, and a light moss green in your creation.My first two cards here are similar in layout and elements. I was really proud of myself for recycling packaging and incorporating them into my cards. I recently bought a couple of cartons of cute soaps to put in my Easter baskets for my family and friends. One carton had bunnies, the other carton had duckies. These tags show they are "baby" soaps, but I think they're fun for just about everyone, and a good alternative if you don't want to put candy in your Easter baskets. As I unwrapped the soaps from their packaging, I was about to toss the tags into the recycle, when I stopped and thought, "these would be fun on some springtime or baby cards," and carefully stashed them away. I knew they would come in handy, I just didn't think it would be so soon!
I'm going to send this card to my friend who is about to become a grandmother for the second time. The baby is due in early April, and it's a boy. She told me she saves all of the cards I make and send her in a special box, so I know she will appreciate this one!I think the little duck in the picture just has a ton of personality. He's adorable. I will have to save one of the ducky soaps and package it up to give with this card, along with some fun baby socks that look like high top sneakers. I've given these as baby gifts several times, and everyone just loves them. They are too cool! I wish they came in adult size, as I would totally wear them!
I tried out the paper piercing technique on this last card. I have a template that has a swirly line of dots, so it made it super easy to poke the holes for flight paths for the butterflies. These butterflies are included in the new Embosslits Beautiful Wings Sizzix die for Stampin' Up. I love it, because you get five different sizes of butterflies, and each one has a different pattern imprinted on it. Too much fun. I know I will get lots of use out of it. I've become infatuated with the Berry Sorbet color from PTI. It's just so bright and cheerful. I want to use it on everything, and goes with so many other colors. If you don't have it, you NEED to get it! I hooked a friend of mine on it, and she uses it all of the time now, too!Thanks for looking! Have a good week! My latest order from PaperTrey Ink is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, so that's definitely something to look forward to on a Monday!!
Card Details: Card 1: Cardstock, designer paper, scallop border die, ink, stamp and button from PaperTrey Ink; polka dot ribbon from American Crafts; string; tag from soap packaging; Martha Stewart tulip punch; We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.
Card 2: Cardstock, scallop border die, Ocean Tides ink, sentiment stamp and button from PaperTrey Ink; Versamark ink; polka dot background stamp from Hero Arts; ribbon from American Crafts; string; tag from soap packaging; We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.
Card 3: Cardstock, flower stem stamp and buttons from PaperTrey Ink; polka dots background stamp from Hero Arts; sentiment stamp by Savvy Stamps; Beautiful Wings Embosslits butterfly die from Stampin' Up; We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.
No comments:
Post a Comment