Hello and Happy Friday! We made it through another week! I'm way behind on my Halloween projects, so I plan to spend most of my weekend getting crafty! I made this card last weekend in hopes of jump starting my Halloween mojo and to also fulfill the current challenge on the Papertrey Playhouse blog, which is to make a black and white card with a pop of color.All of the stamps on this card are from PTI's Spooky Sweets II set. I love this set, especially that ornate circular frame! I made my own background paper by stamping the scroll image across the paper, then flipping it upside down, lining it up under the first row of images and stamping across the paper again. It gives the image a totally different look. More mileage out of our stamps, gotta love that!
I also tried my hand at making one of those crepe paper medallions. They aren't as easy as they look, maybe because the crepe paper can be so flimsy, and if you don't hold the folds tightly as you make your accordian pleats, well...there goes all your hard work! I finished off the card with some American Crafts grosgrain ribbon and a Making Memories metal Halloween charm that I bought some years ago.
Someone from the PTI forum just might be the recipient of this card, along with a treat!
Thanks for looking, and have a wonderful weekend!
7 comments:
Great card and I love the background you stamped! Very Halloweeny!
Love your Halloween card. Great job!
Love this card and the crepe paper!! Great job!!
I never thought of Halloween and pretty together, but you do it perfectly.
Love that pop of orange! Perfect for the season! ;)
love, love, love that your pop of color came from the crepe paper rather than a stamped image.
so pretty love the crape paper :)
Post a Comment