
Time for another PTI Blog Hop! This month's challenge is to incorporate left over bits of wrapping paper, gift tags, ribbon, etc. and transform them into a new project. This year I bought some adorable rustic mitten wrapping paper from Hallmark. As I was wrapping some of my gifts last week, I made sure to save any decent scraps so I could use them for this blog hop challenge.
Several months ago I also picked up a Sizzix mitten die from JoAnn's, in hopes of making some tags, ornaments and things with it. That didn't happen, but there's always next year! I was curious whether the die would cut felt, as it's one of those chemically etched types, and I've only tried to cut felt with PTI's dies and Nestabilities. So I used some of my cheap-o felt to test the die, and it worked! My test mitten is the one you see on this card.
The red baker's twine wrapped around the card is left over from the yardage I purchased to make all of the tags seen here in this post.
I stamped the snowflakes from the Peace Be Still set on the kraft card base and the sentiment is from the Holiday Button Bits set.
Thanks for looking and enjoy the rest of the hop!
24 comments:
So sweet! Love how your felt mitten matches the wrapping paper perfectly.
i love mittens and you used this perfectly!!
What a cute card. I love the colours and I can never get enough baker's twine!
Hugs
and Happy Christmas
Carol x
very cute!!
Great texture :)
LOVE the felt mitten and the other mitten! The baker's twine and the envelope flap are SUPER details! FAB card!
You did an excellent job of using your scraps for this challenge. It turned out just beautiful!
Wonderful card!
Love how you brought this all together. Great combination of texture!
Adorable card! I love your wrapping paper and the felt mitten!
Beautiful card, Victoria! Love how your felt mitten goes so perfectly with the wrapping paper.
What a great match of die and paper- such a lovely card!
Victoria, this is just too cute!!
i'm thinking i will have to find that mitten for next year...so cute!
You used all of your scraps perfectly, you were really thinking ahead. That paper is awesome and it's soo sweet as the background for that adorable felty mitten you made!
cute felt mitten
Fun mitten.
It's a good life!
Terri E.
What a sweet card!!!
I love the layout of this card and the wonderful patterns! Great job!
Cute card...love the mittens!
This is so cute and I love the twine!
Love that felt mitten. And the twine is a perfect addition!
Victoria, I love the mitten die! I bought it, but haven't used it yet. I love your card!! Super cute.
Too cute! Love that mitten
Post a Comment