Tuesday, January 25, 2011

January PTI Blog Hop


This month's PTI Blog Hop challenge is to ink up either stamps that haven't been used before or those that have been collecting dust. I ended up making three different cards for the challenge:

This card uses two sets I hadn't inked before--Background Basics: Hearts and Damask Designs. I also experimented with a new style that I haven't tried before, shabby chic. I like how this turned out, I think I will give it to my sister for Valentine's Day!

This card features the Borders & Corners Heart set, both in stamping the card background as well as creating the love heart on the tag. I've used this set before, but it's been awhile. I also explored my scrap bin to pull together the bits of patterned paper and card stock to make the card.

Finally, this card combines a bit of the old with the new. The old set is the Round & Round anniversary set from last year; the new set is the Mat Stack 3 set which just arrived in the mail last week. The music background is a non-PTI stamp, I think it's from Stampendous and I got it at Michaels with a 40% off coupon!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Happy Hopping!

18 comments:

Unknown said...

These are all so different, and gorgeous! Love the bold colors of the 3rd one...and you rocked the vintage in the 1st one (I'm SO not good at vintage!) and I love the bg you made on the 2nd one...GREAT job on the challenge!!

Anne Tussing said...

Great cards! I love the prettiness of the first one! The color schemes in all of them are wonderful!

Elizabeth S. said...

Beautiful cards! I especially love the first one with its soft colors.

Kristin said...

These are so great!!

Anonymous said...

All of these are great designs. I especially love the vintage feel of the first one. Great job!

Anonymous said...

totally different and totally cute!!! love em' all!!!

Kristii said...

Beautiful works of art!!!!! I love them all!

NoraAnne said...

Beautiful cards, I LOVE the gorgeous vintage look of the first one as well as the playful look of the others!

Kay D said...

These are all so different, yet each is beautiful.
I REALLY love that super romantic first one- love the delicate feel and that doily is fabulous!

Amy Kolling said...

Oh wow!!! That first card is just vintage goodness! I love everything about it!!

Lorraine said...

Beautiful cards! All different styles. My fav is the first - so lovely - your sister will love it.

Jen Carter said...

You've been busy!! These are all wonderful cards!! Great job!

Stephanie said...

I just love each one of these! Your vintage card is just gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Lovely cards. I really love the last one!

Jen Adcock said...

I have gone, well and truly, gaga over your cards. The first one is beyond heavenly. Never pass up an opportunity to work in a gorgeous doily I say. It's Vintage-a-licious and right up my alley. Gorgeous, the lot!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

These are all so beautiful, I love them all!

Chris L.

Linda Suarez said...

Great cards!

Inkyfingers said...

Wow, you are so productive. All the cards a lovely but that first one is just beautiful!