Saturday, February 25, 2012

February PTI Blog Hop: Interactive Cards

Hi and Happy Weekend! I'm back with a project for Papertrey Ink's February blog hop, to make an interactive card. I knew my February release order wouldn't arrive in time for me to play with the new zipper or slider dies for the hop, so I created this project last weekend.

I found a depleted Starbucks gift card lying on my desk and it got me thinking about fun ways to present a gift card to someone. I came up with this:

And here is the interactive part where the recipient can pull out the gift card:

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to seeing all the other projects in the hop!

Card details:
From PTI: New Leaf card stock, Dark Chocolate card stock and ink, Dotty Biscotti patterned paper, Warm Happiness Too stamp set and die, Simple Sentiments stamp set, Mini Tab stamp set and die; Memento inks in Bamboo Leaves and Cottage Ivy; Martha Stewart baker's twine in brown and green; mini kraft sacks from?; Tim Holtz tiny attacher and staple; We R Memory Keepers corner chomper; Fiskars notch punch.

34 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Very creative! I love it!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Great card and such a fantastic idea!

Kara said...

awesome!!

kari bell said...

what a fun card! you know us Seattle-ites can't function without our Starbucks. enjoy your dies when they come.

Lee said...

Think of you often, Victoria. This is a beautiful card.

Melissa said...

I love your envelope/gift card! So fun!

Lori said...

What a fun way to present a gift card!

Debbie Gaydos said...

So cute, perfect for a Starbucks gift card! Lovely idea. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

well - isn't that cute and creative - and so many ideas come to my mind..thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

Love this! Going to try this one.

Kay D said...

I.LOVE.IT!
The colors are just beautiful, perfect for coffee, imho, and how absolutely perfect is that mini Kraft bag? I love that!

carol (krillsister) said...

cute card. Love the idea of the kraft bag to place the GC. The twine looks grat' a perfect embellishment.

JJ Bolton said...

Fantastic idea! I have some of paper bags and I'm totally going to try this!

Marybeth said...

Hope your get your order soon. This is a great way to create your own, love what you came up with!

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Great card Victoria! Love your idea and the brown paper bag works so well with the other elements.

Helen F. said...

F-U-N gift slide-card! Thanks for sharing your creative idea, Victoria :)

Terri said...

Fun way to give a gift card.

Banu said...

WOW what a neat idea. Loved it. I loved the color, twine, the entire design. It screams classy and elegant.

The Paper Parade said...

Oh my gosh, this is a fabulous idea!!! The little mini bag is the perfect fit for the gift card! The whole thing turned out looking great :)

Joyce said...

This is so clever. You don't need all those new dies you ordered! Love the kraft and green for a Starbucks card!

Nancy said...

Love this idea for gift card giving, very clever indeed!

Suzanne said...

Adorable, Victoria!! Love the coffee theme!

maryrose said...

Mmmm...I LOVE coffee cards!So cute!

Unknown said...

This is a very cute way to present a gift card. I like that little bag and the use of the twine.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Great paper bag use. Way to rock out the PTI blog challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Kandice Hanes said...

Victoria, I just love this card. I am always giving little starbuck's gift card for little thank you gifts and you have given me a simple but inspiring way to deliver them. Great work!

Unknown said...

Awesome! love that little kraft baggie on the front, reminds me of Starbucks in itself :) Thanks for sharing :)

Sherrie M. said...

I'd love to get a card like this! Nice touch with the Kraft sacks too!

Unknown said...

Love the kraft sacks! Very cute card!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh I have some small kraft sacks like these, this is a perfect use for them!

Tracy said...

so very cute - who wouldn't want to get a gift card this way?

Anonymous said...

Now who wouldn't be thrilled with a Starbucks card? I like the envelope idea...so easy to pull it out and start using it. The colors make me hungry for a minty hot chocolate. Can't wait to see your cards after you get the new PTI dies! They are sure to be fabby!

Kristii said...

What a fun card!! I just love the bag holding the gift card!

Fiona Harrison said...

Love it, what a fab gift idea.