Wednesday, July 25, 2012

July 2012 PTI Blog Hop: Summer Palette

Hi!  Long time, no post.  I'm just squeaking in my project for this month's PTI blog hop.  I made this card last night and then wasn't going to post it because apparently I misread the color combination and thought there was Hibiscus Burst in the palette and completely ignored the Melon Berry!  I remember thinking while I was making the card that is seemed strange to have two vivid pinks--Hibiscus and Berry Sorbet.  Yeah, that is strange, and yeah, I was wrong about the color palette!  Oh well.  I didn't have time to make another card, so forgive me for not quite making the mark on this one!


Thanks for stopping by!  I've seen some gorgeous projects in the hop today!

Card details:
All supplies by PTI unless otherwise noted
Cardstock:  Simply Chartreuse, Summer Sunrise, Cream (from Neenah)
Stamps:  Life
Ribbon:  Berry Sorbet
Impression Plate:  Linen & Canvas
Inks:  Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold, Berry Sorbet, Hibiscus Burst, Simply Chartreuse

17 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful, reminds me of spring time.

Amy Galvan said...

I love this! I think you definitely hit the mark.

Teresa said...

Glad that you posted it...it's very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Victoria, your card is da bomb! I'm really loving it and so glad you posted it!
Hugz2u!

Michelle said...

Perfect mix of stamps! Beautiful card!

Leigh Penner said...

Lovely card, Victoria! I love your mix of colours and flowers!

Anonymous said...

I love your card! It is so pretty! I would have never noticed that you have hibiscus burst in there. Glad you decided to post it since it is way too pretty to keep from us.

Jacquie Southas said...

great card - lovely flowers & colors are perfect!

Gabby said...

Saw your card on teh PTI blog hop just now. It is lovely! Nice stamping technique and use of challenge colors. :)

Vicki said...

I think your card is beautiful! Nothing wrong with taking creative license with inspiration.

Geri said...

I love this...considered using these stamps myself! And I say, WHO CARES if you used a different color in there! It's a beautiful card and the inspiration photo is just that...inspiration...we get to do what we want with it! So glad you posted!!

k prakken said...

Beautiful card.

StephH said...

Ooh! Love this design and your choice of stamps! I actually tried using this set but could't get past not using purple shades for the lavender shaped stems. But yours is stunning! (we're going to miss Lisa Johnson's designs. :)

carol (krillsister) said...

Lovely card. Love how you stamped those flowers.

Kristii said...

Soooo very pretty!! I love the stmaped flowers and the bow is the perfect touch!!

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful card, everything works on it.

Fiona Harrison said...

Still gorgeous. Have always loved that stamp set.