


Yesterday I got together again with my pal Rhonda for an afternoon of stamping fun. We decided to work on the weekly challenges over at the A Muse Addicts site.
This first card works for both the stamp of the week (Stack of Books stamp) and the challenge of the week (use office supplies on a card, in this case a fancy paper clip). The book stack stamp is one of my favorites. It's colored in with Copics, with the colors inspired by the bit of striped paper from Memory Box. The aqua blue paper is also from Memory Box. Note card, Swiss Red paper and stamps from A Muse.
This second card is also for the stamp of the week challenge (super hero). I didn't have the stamp, so Rhonda let me use hers. I've always thought he was a little goofy looking, so I decided to make this a humorous card. A lot of you know I work for UPS (but I'm not a driver), and in my position I interact closely with customers. I frequently hear stories of how "our driver saved the day by getting us our much-needed shipment." I used that as my inspiration for this card. Super Driver has saved the day by bringing Elyse her birthday present from her grandparents who live across the country! There was quite a bit of masking done on this card. Elyse is normally holding a heart, so I masked that off, stamped out Tiny Present, cut off the bow, glued that to her and drew in her hands so it looked like she was holding the delivered package. The delivery truck is actually the Ice Cream truck stamp with the ice cream cone, music notes and driver masked off (this has been a favorite technique of mine to do for many delivery inspired cards!). I accidentally inked part of a music note, so when I stamped the truck, I had a weird mark above it. I figured I could hide it when I stamped super hero, but when he was finally put down on paper, the mark was still there right next to his boot. It sort of looked like a wing, so I decided to incorporate it into his "uniform," and added a similar mark to his other boot. Now he has winged boots so when he gets off the truck to make a delivery, his feet can fly him to the doorstep! LOL! All images are colored with Copics. The finishing touches were to create a blue sky using Rosie's Roadshow cloud template and an A Muse clear sticker to create Elyse's thought bubble. I also printed out two tiny UPS logos from the website to make the delivery truck and super hero's uniform more authentic (another favorite trick of mine). All stamps and paper by A Muse.
Finally, this last card was just made for fun. I used a couple of the new Seattle stamps from the latest A Muse release, the Public Market (that has quickly become another of my favorites) and Greetings from Seattle. The postage stamp up in the right corner is a color copy of an actual canceled postage stamp. Make an Impression, a local stamp store in the Puget Sound area, has come out with several collections of color copies of canceled postage. There are several coordinating images in each collection, and usually about 25 stamps per sheet. These are fun embellishments. The Seattle postage cancellation stamp is also from Make an Impression. Finally, the apple embellishment is a die cut piece of plain wood that I colored with Copics and then went over with a red glitter Spica pen. Note card and green stripe Pretty Little Paper from A Muse.
Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!
3 comments:
-These are great-I think the Seattle one is my favorite--you must have had a fun afternoon!
Tracy
Victoria! These are all such awesome cards! I totally love the colors and the paper clip on the first card. The second card is so fun and the sentiment just made me LOL!! And the Seattle card is just perfect, I love everything about it! Looks like you guys had a great time stamping! :) Thanks so much for playing along with the challenges!
Hey girlie!!! I had so much fun yesterday, I got my Victoria fixx for sure!! These turned out super cute, I love how you completed the UPS card, that's absolutely my fave!! Too clever and fun!! Can't wait for next week!! :D
TTYS!
Post a Comment