Sunday, August 24, 2008

Fall is Around the Corner


Summer is flying by and fall will soon be here. Out of all of the seasons, fall is my favorite. I love the cooler temps, the crisp air, and the vibrant colors of the autumn leaves. Fall also means football! I am a huge Seattle Seahawks fan. Go Hawks!

I decided to play along again with the A Muse Addicts September home page contest. This time the challenge was to create a card using A Muse colors of Bark, Swiss Red, Orange Crush, and Palm, and to add some glitter. I decided to try out some of my new A Muse fall release purchases, so stamped three of the leaves from the new Leaves clear set on watercolor paper and embossed them. Then I pulled out my Twinkling H2os and painted each leaf with three different complementary colors. After the paint was dry, I went around the card border with a gold Spica glitter pen. I think it finished off the stamped images nicely. Then I mounted it on to each of the Orange Crush, Swiss Red and Palm Green cardstocks. I punched the bottom edge of the Palm Green with the Fiskars Threading Water punch. All of this was mounted on top of a Bark note card and then finished off with the new A Muse Lime Peel sheer ribbon.

Here is a shot of the card head on. I'm really pleased with this card. I love the simplicity of it. Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Dana said...

Victoria, this is beautiful!!

Tracy said...

Very pretty-LOVE the new leaves!

Alanna Harris said...

very pretty! I love your layers...great fall card!

Alanna (al_silver2)

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! I love it!

Rhonda said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!