Friday, August 22, 2008

Time to Hit the Books!


I made this pocket card for my boyfriend's son, who is five years old and likes books. Since he's getting ready to start school, I thought this would be fun for him because he gets a card and a gift in one! I made the book plate stickers using Avery shipping labels that I stamped with A Muse's book plate stamp and then trimmed around the image. Then I made the bookmark using the school related background paper and blue plaid from DCWV's The Grade School stack. I then stamped out Tristen's name with A Muse's small polka dot clear alphabet stamps. The book plate stickers and bookmark can then be tucked inside the pocket card, which also has the DCWV paper and is embellished with ribbon from Michaels and the A Muse school house stamp. This card also counts for the Weekly Challenge on the A Muse Addicts site, which is to create a card using some office supplies. (In this case, the Avery shipping labels.) Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome Victoria! What a creative and thoughtful gift!! I love it! Thanks for playing along with the challenge! :)

Anonymous said...

Victoria, How AWEsome and creative... he will love it.
Carla

Tami said...

Hi Victoria. I just found out about your blog from Nancy. Congrats on making it half way. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Love this project. I'm off to check out your blog. I wish you all the best Victoria.

Rhonda said...

This little set is SOOOO cute but this picture doesn't do it justice!!! I was amazed when you showed it to me, you are one super creative chica!!!