Friday, October 24, 2008

Fall Greetings

Happy Friday! Yesterday I met up with Rhonda and her friend Kim for a stamping day. We had a lot of fun! (Just check out Rhonda's blog for evidence of how much fun we had!) I worked on a couple of the A Muse Addicts challenges and started another card just for fun, but didn't get it finished. So, I'm just posting the two challenge cards I made.

Both cards work for the Stamp of the Week challenge and the Weekly Challenge--use tree stamps and make a fall card. The first one uses a tree and the sentiment from the Trees 2 clear set. I colored the tree image with Koh-I-Noor pencils. See the two frond punch outs on the left side? I punched those out with my new Martha Stewart frond punch! I like that a lot!

The second card features naked tree. I was just playing around with different paper scraps and was inspired by a card Kim made with four different patterned squares mounted on top of her card. This card is testament that it is better to cut your paper first and then stamp the image using a stamp positioner than it is to stamp the image first and then cut the paper (hence my not so uniform squares!). The more I look at the card the more this bugs me, so I may have to peel off the trees and start over!

Now, off to make some naughty cards so I can catch up with Rhonda!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

LOL!! You're so funny!!! Thursday baby!! We'll do more!!!

Your cards are beautiful and the squares on the bottom card look just fine, they don't look off to me at all!! I love th color combo on that one and the top card is gorgeous, love your coloring and the cute leaf punches!!!

I had a blast yesterday, thanks so much for coming over and helping me with that darn pole card!!! Thanks for letting me play with your goodies too!!! See, I don't have to worry about not having money to afford stamp supplies, I can play with yours!!!

You're such a sweet friend, I'm gonna be sad when you go back to work and we won't get as many play dates!!

Nancy said...

Gorgeous Fall cards Victoria!! I really like what you did with the leaves punch on your first card!!

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous cards Victoria! I love them both! You are an awesome stamper! Thanks so much for playing along with the challenges! :)