Friday, October 17, 2008

Time to Celebrate!


I have great news to share. I finished radiation earlier this week, which means all of my treatments for Hodgkin's Lymphoma are done! My last CT scan came back negative for cancer, so I am officially in remission! Wooo Hooo!

I have much to be grateful for as we enter the season of giving thanks. Most importantly my health, and the support of my family, friends, coworkers and the incredible stamping community of A Muse Addicts. I've said this before, and I'll say it again: I know having this HUGE group of cheerleaders behind me is the reason I did so well and it played a tremendous part in my recovery. Thank you all!

I was so honored to be able to select the charity to receive the proceeds for the A Muse calendar this year. Thank you to all who have purchased the calendar. I don't have a current figure for how much has been raised for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, but I know based on the last update from Linda that the amount is impressive! Thank you so much for your support!

After being off for eight months, I'll be returning to work on November 3rd. Of course I will miss having the free time, but I am committed to making sure I do take time for me to do the things I love most, like spending time with loved ones, traveling, and of course, stamping! Before I return to the daily grind, I intend to do some celebrating!

I invite you A Muse Addicts to celebrate with me one more time! Make a celebration card of any kind, and post it to your blog or online gallery with a link to this post here on my blog. I will randomly draw a number from all who participate to receive two of my favorite A Muse products--the Eiffel Tower stamp and a package of blueberry kitchen note cards (I love Paris, and my favorite color is blue). You have until 6 pm DST on November 1st to play along. Bonne Chance (Good Luck)!

6 comments:

Beach Girl 115 said...

Victoria, congratulations on your good news! Continued prayers and blessing for you.

Jen D said...

congratulations!!! This is such wonderful news!!! Yay!!!

Tisha said...

Yeah Victoria!! What awesome news!! Enjoy your last bit of time before work starts up again ... do something super fun!! Congrats!

Rhonda said...

Congratulations Victoria!!!! I'm so happy for you and proud of you!! You are an inspiration to me!!!

Beautiful card and so perfect for you!! What an awesome prize someone is going to receive!!

Nancy said...

Hi Victoria!! This is the best news!! I am so happy for you!! This is a great reason to celebrate!!

Anonymous said...

This is just the most wonderful news!!! Congratulations!!