Saturday, November 22, 2008

Birthday Wishes

I'm back! Sorry for being the slow poke blogger. With my return to work earlier this month, it hasn't left me with much time or energy to spend on my crafting and blogging interests. Good thing I have a few cards banked to share with you, since it's been several weeks since I last made a card! Boo hoo. That should change, as Rhonda and I have a stamping play date next week! Yippee!

This card is a birthday card I made for my friend JoAnne (the stamp is Hero Arts, the note card from Memory Box). JoAnne is very special to me because she was my favorite teacher in high school--my French teacher for all four years! After I graduated, we kept in touch and became friends. She's also the one responsible for getting me involved in SEAFAIR and becoming a volunteer driver for the annual festival each summer. Every year for her birthday, I try to give her a French-themed gift. I've made her Paris note cards, found soap and lotion from Provence, etc. This year I found this awesome hot pink hat box with Eiffel Towers on it, and inside I will put a copy of a fascinating book I read in January, The Story of French, which chronicles the history of the French language and discusses its place now in an ever-increasing English-speaking world. It would be a great read for a current French student. I hope she enjoys it as much as I did! Joyeux Anniversaire, JoAnne!

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Great card! I hope your friend enjoyed her gift. I took French for 6 years in school and loved it.

Rhonda said...

Oooh!! This is gorgeous! I love that floral stamp!! So beautiful!!