Saturday, November 22, 2008

Warmth and Good Cheer

Wow, two posts in one day! Not only that, but I actually MADE a card! Mark that on the calendar! Anyway, I was thinking about what I was going to do for my bumper card this month, so thought I would draw on some inspiration from the Addicts message board. I really liked Jennie's gingerbread sweet holiday wishes card on this post, and decided to play along with her challenge to create a holiday card using non-traditional colors. I like the warm look of brown and red together. The brown started making me think of chocolate...hot cocoa! I have the A Muse hot cocoa stamp--it's one of my favorites (which one isn't?!) and I haven't used it in ages. I pulled that out and started to look in my drawer of holiday sentiments..."wishing you warmth and good cheer." That's perfect, and it's A Muse, too! The card just fell in to place. I used my favorite layout for 4-bar cards and pulled out my oval Nestabilities and SU! scallop punch--more favorites. I used Prismacolor pencils on the cocoa image and went over the swirls of steam and starburst with a clear Spica glitter pen. And...this card also qualifies for the December Home Page Contest--create a card that says WARMTH! A cup of hot cocoa with marshmallows says warmth to me! Thanks for the inspiration, A Muse Addicts!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

MMMMM, I want some hot cocoa!!! Great card!

Anonymous said...

This is SO cute! I just love it!! Thanks so much for mentioning my card and for playing along with the Weekly Challenge! :)

Pamela said...

Great card! Definitely need some hot cocoa today. It's 20 degrees here now!

Rhonda said...

This is too cute!! I'm so excited to stamp with you tomorrow!!! :D