Sunday, January 4, 2009

Have an Ice Day

Rhonda came over last Friday for a stamp date. We tackled the A Muse Addicts SOTW challenge first, which was to make a card with the A Muse polar bear image. I'm sure I'm not the first to say this, but that polar bear reminds me of that holiday Coca Cola TV commercial from a few years back. Anyway, I seem to be on this blue and red card combination kick lately, so I decided to do that for this card. Rhonda had the "have an ice day" sentiment in her stash, so I thought that would be a fun pairing for the bear.

I had the other blue circle scrap left over from the polar bear card, so thought I'd use that up. I hadn't made an A Muse iPod card yet, so this card just sort of fell into place. I'll probably end up using this card as a thank you note to my sister since she is addicted to her iPod. I cringe to admit I earned a free iPod as a sales bonus at work a couple of years ago, and I've barely used it! I actually need my sister to give me a tutorial on it...she's always been the more tech savvy of the two of us!

I used some Christmas money to place an order from PaperTrey Ink. Aside from A Muse, it is one of my favorite stamp companies. This next card uses the Warm Happiness set from PaperTrey. I like this set because it is very versatile. The sentiment actually has a blank space in it so you can insert coffee, tea, or cocoa, depending on your preference. The red ink is PaperTrey's Pure Poppy. The brown ink is Memento Rich Cocoa. The note card and sheer red ribbon are from A Muse.

Finally, I also got the Heart Prints Sentiments set from PaperTrey Ink. This card shows one of the neat sentiments featured in that set, which I stamped and then punched out with the Marvy Giga heart punch. I also used the new Love Birds image from the upcoming A Muse valentine release. The tiny polka dot brown paper is from Stampin Up! and the pink rhinestone accents are from Me and My Big Ideas. The brown polka dot note card is from A Muse.

Have a great week!

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Great cards Victoria! I took think that the Polar bear looks like the Coke one! I did not see any commercials with him this Christmas Season though...

Dawn said...

Looks like you two had a stamping good time! Great cards, the polar bear is one of my favorite stamps. So simple, so beautiful!

Rhonda said...

Hi Victoria!! I had such a great time stamping with you (as always)!! I sure miss our weekly get togethers!!

All of these cards are gorgeous!! I love that you punched out the blue circle on one of the PLP's to put the Polar Bear on!! I'm so gonna steal that idea in the future!!

HUGS!