Sunday, August 1, 2010

Happiness Is An Afternoon with a Friend

Hello and Happy August! It's hard to believe how quickly summer is passing by! I took Friday afternoon off from work to have lunch and spend time with a dear friend who was in town for the week. Robin was my manager when I worked at a non-profit about six years ago, and we quickly became friends and have stayed in touch despite our careers taking us in different directions.

Robin's birthday is later this month, but I decided to give her my gift in person, rather than mail it off to Japan. This is the birthday card I made for her, which was inspired by Dawn McVey's series of embellies made with the Martha Stewart paper doilies seen here. For Robin's gift, I made her a set of witty kid quotes note cards and packaged them up in a coordinating file box using the Filed With Flair template. Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of the finished set.

This card is one of my favorites. I adore the bright colors and unexpected splash of blue. Dawn is great for inspiring one to use unique color combinations. I will definitely be using this one again!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you have a great August!

Card Details:
All cardstock, Pure Poppy ink, Raspberry Fizz felt, button, twine, flower dies and stamps by PaperTrey Ink; Martha Stewart paper doily; EK Success border punch; K & Co pink rhinestone; Tuxedo Black Memento ink; Red felt from Michaels; EK Success 1 3/4" circle punch; Circle Nestabilities die. We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.

5 comments:

June K said...

Love your card. So colorful, so pretty.

**June**

Sue Ann said...

very pretty ~~

Ted said...

Great color choices! :)

Kara said...

love those paper doilies!!

Erica said...

Fun card-I love all the color!