Happy Saturday! I hope your weekend is off to a good start. We are experiencing very warm weather here in the Pacific Northwest this weekend. Temps are in the 90's and it is hot! Thank goodness for air conditioning! I've spent the day inside staying cool and working on different projects in my craft room, one of which is the card you see pictured.Ever since Betsy Veldman posted the tutorial last week on how to make your own doily, I've wanted to try it! It's pretty simple to execute, but it does help if you have images that coordinate well together and you want to make sure you get your images aligned. I think the circles that I used to create the outer layers were a bit too big. One thing I learned as I went along is to make sure I clean off my stamps in between uses, as it was sometimes hard to tell which part of the stamp I had previously inked, and when I stamped my image some of the residual ink from my previous stamping also transferred to the paper. Grr... I started another doily, but that one wasn't going well, so I decided to be satisfied with my first one and try to mask my ink boo-boos with the sentiment strip!
Are you looking forward to PaperTrey's release tonight? I am! So many neat new things to add to my collection! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments!
Card supplies:
All stamps and Simply Chartreuse green cardstock by PaperTrey Ink; Memento ink in Paris Dusk; Patterned paper from Cosmo Cricket's DeLovely collection. Yellow and green pearls by Queen & Co. We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.
4 comments:
This turned out so CUTE!!! Nice job!!
and YES it is HOT this weekend here in the NW isnt it... NO AC for us.. boo.. so off to the water we will go! LOL!
Have a GREAT day!
Great doily! I love it!
Love your doily! Aren't they fun? I can't stop making them!!
Great job creating your doily! So very cute!
Post a Comment