Saturday, July 11, 2009

AMAP Spot Challenge

Hope you're having a great weekend. This week's A-Muse-A-Palooza challenge is to create a "spot" inspired card. A couple of things came to mind when I thought about "spot." First I thought of spots--or dots, and then I also thought about the technique where a portion of a stamped image is the focal point and punched out to give it dimension. I decided to combine the two and this card was the result. I had just purchased the red mod spot paper earlier this week, and thought it was a great complement to the gumball machine image. I chose to highlight the heart amongst the gumballs, so I stamped and colored the gumball machine a second time and then punched out a 1/2" circle of the area surrounding the heart. I attached it over the first image with a pop dot, and then added a red twinkle heart sticker to further enhance it. Unfortunately it's hard to see this in the photo. I also added dimensional glaze to the red top and base of the gumball machine to give it added interest. I like how it turned out. Thanks for looking!

Hope you're having fun with the A-Muse-A-Palooza festivities. I went to the preview party at my LSS last night and had a great time. I love the new 4-bar note card colors and the polka dot ribbon. I even won one of the cute pink A Muse water bottles in a drawing!

White square note card, orange and pink Pretty Little Papers, Creative Candy heart sticker and stamps all by A Muse; Red dot background paper by Bo Bunny; Marvy Uchida and SU! punches; Copic markers; Dimensional Glaze.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

You won the water bottle! Congrats! Your gumballs look good enough to eat!