Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Make It Mondays: Go-To Sentiment Challenge

PaperTrey Ink kicked off its Make It Mondays series this week and featured a project by Erin Lincoln called "Go-To Sentiment." This challenge inspires you to go through your stamp sets and pick out similar sentiments and pair them on a card. I took the challenge a step further and decided to make a card for an occasion or sentiment I don't do very often--Congratulations. I also opted for an embellishment that I tend to avoid simply because it's messy and by the end of my project I tend to look like I bathed in it--glitter!


I chose Summer Sunrise, Hawaiian Shores and Smokey Shadow as my color combination. This card features congrats sentiments from six different stamp sets (see card details list below for specifics) and some die cut stars from the Seeing Stars die set that I covered in "Lily White" glitter. Now I have a congratulatory card in my stash for when the next occasion for celebration arises!

Thanks for stopping by!

Card details:
PTI: Card stock in Summer Sunrise, Hawaiian Shores and Smokey Shadow; Summer Sunrise, Hawaiian Shores and Smokey Shadow inks; Seeing Stars dies; Communique Curves sentiments set; Simple Sentiments set; Let Freedom Ring; Big & Bold Wishes; Signature Greetings; Masculine Motifs; Everyday Classics. Stickles: Buttercup. Doodlebug: Lily White glitter. Neenah Classic Crest white paper.

No comments: