Saturday, February 12, 2011

PaperTrey Playhouse Sketch Challenge

Happy Saturday to you! I played along with the current PaperTrey Playhouse sketch challenge posted here. I don't follow sketches challenges nearly enough, and I find that they're really helpful because the hard part is done for me! I often struggle with coming up with new and interesting card layouts, and usually revert back to previous ones that have worked in the past. It's nice to freshen things up a bit.

This card features lots of Memory Box paper. I used the PTI Fillable Frames #9 die to cut the tag insert and stamped it with the "Wonderful Friend" sentiment from the Round & Round anniversary set. The frame die cut and two flowers were from a package of K & Co. die cut embellishments. The Valentine sentiment is from Savvy Stamps.

I made this card as part of a batch I did for my mom. She got behind this year and wasn't able to make her own Valentines, so I offered to make some for her. She needed 12 and she wanted them all to be different and flat with no extra embellishments because she didn't want to pay for extra postage. Believe it or not, I got all 12 done last weekend. Today we are off to the post office to mail our valentines!

2 comments:

Adele Fowler said...

really pretty! love the vintage feel:)

Mary said...

love the mix of papers - really pretty card!