Tuesday, February 1, 2011

PaperTrey Playhouse Challenge: Love

I'm just making the deadline to post for the latest PaperTrey Playhouse challenge, which is to make a Valentine or love card but not use the typical red or pink colors. I paired black and burgundy together to come up with this unique Valentine for my mom. The flourish die cut was in my scrap bin, left over from another project and I used it as my main source of inspiration for the card. I also took a cue from Dawn McVey and her recent post about creating your own die cut frames to come up with the black frame surrounding the card sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by!


Card details:
Scarlet Jewel cardstock, Embellishment stamp and die, Fillable Frames #10 die and Mat Stack 4 die by PaperTrey Ink; patterned paper and black card stock from stash; Wine rhinestones by Kaisercraft; sentiment stamp by Amy Butler for K & Co.; Versamark ink.

3 comments:

Kay D said...

Beautiful- VERY elegant (I might just have to CASE this one, dearie)!

Mary said...

I love the colors - still Valentine-y without pink and red and frills. Very nice!

Tigriswillreign said...

I love the embossing! This looks terrific! This color scheme is a must try for me!