Sunday, September 6, 2009

Chicka Challenge #2

This week Dawn and Jane's challenge is to create a card with a distressed look. I have a few of Ranger's distress crackle paints, and decided to pull out Dried Marigold, which is a color I hadn't used before. The color made me think of fall and pumpkins and Halloween, so I decided to make my first Halloween card for the year. I ran a scrap piece of thicker craft cardstock through my Cuttlebug with the swirl embossing folder, then painted over the top of it with the crackle paint. After it dried, I used a sanding block to sand some of the paint off and expose more of the embossed design. I think my technique needs practice, but it turned out okay for the first attempt.

I haven't purchased anything from the new A Muse Halloween release yet (I'm trying to be good and limit my spending, and also use what I already have), so I dug into my collection and found this great candy apple stamp from Hero Arts that I bought several years ago. I don't think I've ever used it. I added Diamond Glaze over the caramel after I'd colored it to give it that realistic shine.

Card Details: Lime note card, red cardstock, sentiment from A Muse; ribbon from unknown source; star button embellishment from Making Memories; candy apple stamp by Hero Arts; Cuttlebug embossing folder; Copics, Memento ink; Diamond Glaze; Ranger distress paint

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow! You really went to town with this one! Your caramel apple looks good enough to eat! Thank you so much for doing such a great job on my challenge!

Rhonda said...

I'm LOVIN this!!! That caramel looks real on there!!! I wanna eat your card!