Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Using up scraps

I had quite a few scraps left over after I made these two cards for Dawn's challenge last week, so I decided I would try to use them all up without cutting up any more cardstock. It got tough there in the end, but I managed to follow through.

This first card is my favorite of the bunch. It was one of those where I really didn't have a specific plan for it when I started, it just sort of took on a life of its own, and I'm really happy with the end result.

Card details: Cardstock, designer paper, ink and sentiment by PaperTrey Ink; pumpkin image by Rubber Soul; ribbon unknown source; Copic markers. Marvy circle punches.

At first I thought this teapot card was a bit busy, but the more I look at it, the more I like it. It's very cheery. My mom told me she loved the color combination as it reminds of her a set of dishes her grandmother had.

My supply of PaperTrey buttons is rather limited, but fortunately I was able to find close color matches with some Making Memories buttons I had on hand. That brown polka dot paper is from a collection of Stampin' Up paper featured last year. Again, it was a scrap I had on hand, so I didn't have to cut a fresh sheet!

Card details: Stamps, cardstock, ink, ribbon by PaperTrey Ink; buttons by Making Memories; SU! word window punch; SU! scalloped border punch; We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.


This flower and butterfly card was the last one I made. By this point, my scraps were very limited once I used the biggest piece of yellow cardstock as my card base. I was lucky I had enough to get the flower and butterflies punched out. I covered the butterflies with a yellow Spica glitter pen, but it's hard to see them sparkle in the photo.

Card details:
Cardstock, ink by PaperTrey Ink; Sentiment by Hero Arts; Spica glitter pen; Martha Stewart butterfly punch; EK Success flower and circle punches; Making Memories buttons; SU! scalloped border punch; We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.

Thanks for looking! Hope you're having a good week!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow! Looks like you have been having a lot of really good crafty time. These cards are all so pretty. Love that color combo! I just love using up scraps and stuff laying around too.

Rhonda said...

Wow, you are on a roll with all your gorgeous cards!! Love these!! Must feel good to be getting your stamping time in!! When are we gonna get together again?