This month's challenge on the A Muse Lounge is to make a card without using any coloring method (pencils, pens, paint, etc.). At first, I was having a heck of a time trying to come up with anything. I'm so used to coloring in my stamped images. Then, I ended up making a card that fit the challenge without even trying! This idea popped into my head to cut up a mod dot square note card, use a strip of three circles and stamp three related images in them (in this case, things associated with Seattle). The To Go cup image was a scrap I had leftover from another project I did not long ago--hee hee, using up those scraps again! And I paper pieced the umbrella image to give it more of a pop. I was tickled with how this turned out, and it really took no time at all to make. Love that! It will be fun to come up with other ideas for this layout.Speaking of A Muse, it's calendar time again! Many of you know that I was honored during last year's calendar fundraiser while I was battling cancer. The project raised over $5,500 and benefitted the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, the charity I selected. This year, the calendar proceeds will go to Water1st. To learn more about this organization and the calendars, please visit the A Muse blog here. I will be making my donation shortly, and of course I will share my calendar with you once it's complete.
Hope you're having a great week!
Card details: Note card, paper and stamp images all by A Muse; ink by Memento.
10 comments:
Very cute card Victoria! All fun reminders of Seattle!
How perfect! Cute!
This is awesome! Love it!!
This card is awesome Victoria! I love everything about it!! Thanks so much for playing along with the Lounge challenge! :)
How creative! Love the card!
Great card!
Victoria your card is so cute and very creative. It is so Seattle. If you don't mind can I copy your card to send to my best friend that lives in San Diego? She has lived in SD about 5 years but was born and raised in Seattle. I will wait to hear from you. Again, awesome card!
I love this Victoria! So perfect!!
Hi Victoria!! What a brilliant idea!! I love how this turned out! I may be CASEing your mod dot idea this on this one. I think I have a bunch of those note cards. Thanks for the inspiration!
Great Seattle card! Love how you used the mod dots as a strip.
Post a Comment